A foundational element of innovation in today’s app-driven world is the API. From banks, retail and transportation to IoT, autonomous vehicles and smart cities, APIs are a critical part of modern mobile, SaaS and web applications and can be found in customer-facing, partner-facing, and internal applications. By nature, APIs expose application logic and sensitive data such as Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and because of this have increasingly become a target for attackers. Without secure APIs, rapid innovation would be impossible.
API Security focuses on strategies and solutions to understand and mitigate the unique vulnerabilities and security risks of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
Download the OWASP API Security Top 10 2019 today!
Read and download Hackerone’s official 2019 Hacker-Powered Security report, focusing on the latest industry-wide cybersecurity tactics and events from the hacker’s perspective.
With hacker-powered security testing, organizations can identify high-value bugs faster with help from the results-driven ethical hacker community.
This Hacker-Powered Security Report 2019 is the most comprehensive report on hacker-powered security, having the largest repository of hacker activity and vulnerability data on display in one comprehensive report.
Inside you will find:
- Year over year bug bounty program growth by industry
- Vulnerabilities by type found across different industries
- Average time to resolution and reward
- Percentage of bounties found by severity level
- Bug bounty payout trends and highest awarded bounties ranked by industry
- Customer success highlights and hacker quotes and motivations